Dream Big Grow Here Regional Contests
Northwest Iowa Regional Contest - $7,000 in prize money
Entry Period - September 9th (8:00 a.m.) - October 6th (11:59 p.m.) - NOW CLOSED
Voting Period - October 9th (8:00 a.m.) - October 18th (11:59 p.m.) - NOW CLOSED
Pitch-off - November 14th, Oscar Carl Vineyard, Sioux City, IA - 5:00 p.m. - Social Hour - 6:00 p.m Pitches Begin
Counties: You must be located in Cherokee, Lyon, Monona, O'Brien, Osceola, Plymouth, Sioux, or Woodbury county to be eligible to apply.
Click here to learn more about the contest and if you qualify.
To start your application, click here.
Congratulations to our past Dream Big Grow Here winners!
1ST PLACE: $7,500
2ND PLACE: $5,000
3RD PLACE: $2,500
Eligible applicants (see eligibility details below) should apply by September 1, 2019. You will be asked to provide some general information about your business and yourself (including personal and/or professional references) and a brief (three to five-minute) video about yourself, your business, your goals, how the prize funds would be used to grow your venture and the impact your business has on your community.
The application will be open during the 2019 Young Farmer Convention.
- The applicant must have an existing ag-related for-profit business.
- The business must be new/created by the young entrepreneur applicant – not inherited from, or started in partnership with, a previous generation.
- Eligible agricultural fields include, but are not limited to, the sale of food and agricultural products, niche ag production, agritourism, or ag services. Ag technology businesses (e.g. software or app development) are excluded from this competition but are welcome to apply for the separate Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge .
- The applicant must be a member, in good standing, of his or her county Farm Bureau (in Iowa).
- The applicant must be between the ages or 18 and 35 and shall not have reached his or her 36th birthday by January 31, 2020. If any business partner is 36 or older, only those under 36 years old can participate in the application.
- Not eligible to compete are: current members of the IFBF Young Farmer Advisory Committee; current members of the AFBF Young Farmer & Rancher Committee; previous Grow Your Future winners or AFBF Rural Entrepreneurship Challenge/Ag Innovation Challenge competitors; IFBF directors, officers, employees or immediate family members of such individuals.
- Applications are due by September 1, 2019 (11:59 p.m.) - Applications are closed.
- Judges will select up to ten finalists.
- Public online voting for finalists will take place from December 3 – 13, 2019.
- The Top 6 finalists will be announced by December 31, 2019.
- A pitch-off will be conducted at the 2020 Young Farmer Conference, January 31 – February 1, 2020. (With pitch-off coaching for finalists taking place in January 2020)
- Winners will be selected on Saturday, February 1, 2020