How It Works
Submit Your Dream:
September 19th - October 17th, 2012
will be taken on September 19, 2012 starting at 12:00 PM CDT until October 17,
2012 at 12:00 PM CDT.
Staff will post Dreams that comply with our Rules and Regulations.
October 17, 2012
October 17th - October 31st, 2012
Voting will take place starting on October 17 at 12:00 PM CDT and
will end at 12:00 PM CDT on October 31, 2012.
November 12, 2012
The top five dreams receiving the most popular votes* will pitch their business to a panel of business experts. The pitch off will be held from 1 to 4 pm on the NIACC Campus.
*In the event one of the top 5 businesses in the popular vote contest isn’t able to participate in the “North Central Iowa Pitch-Off” the 6th place winner will advance, etc. in that order.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The MyEntre.Net “Dream Big Grow Here North Central Iowa”
Grant Contest is open only to legal residents of the State of Iowa, of the
Counties of Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Hancock, Mitchell, Winnebago,
Worth and Wright. Must be 18 years old at
the time of submitting an entry. Participants cannot have more than 25
employees. Participants must be for-profit/non
Participants may only enter one "Dream Big Grow Here' regional contest per calendar year. Previous Dream Big Grow Here 1st place winners in the State of Iowa are not eligible.
Employees of MyEntre.Net, NIACC JPEC, and the University
of Northern Iowa Regional Business Center and the immediate family members of
such employees (parent, child, sibling, spouse) and persons living in the same
household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible. In
addition, Partnering Sponsors, their affiliates and the immediate family
members of such employees (parent, child, sibling, spouse) and persons living
in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not
eligible. North Iowa Area Community College, North Iowa Corridor Economic
Development Corporation, North Central Iowa Alliance (Sponsor) reserves
the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual
and any or all of his/her Application(s) and/or votes deemed in Sponsor's sole
and absolute discretion to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the
entry or voting process or the operation of the Grant Program or any Sponsor
website; (b) violating the Official Application Guidelines; (c) violating the
terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules; or (d) acting in an
unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, harass
any other person or act fraudulently in any manner. Void where prohibited.
- Grant Program Period
The opportunity to submit an entry in the Dream Big Grow
Here North Central Iowa contest begins 12:00 PM CDT on September 19, 2012 (the
first date/time you can submit an Application) and ends 12:00 PM CDT on October
17, 2012. Voting will take place beginning on 12:00 PM CDT on October 17, 2012
and ending on October 31, 2012 at 12:00 PM CDT.
- How to Apply
To apply for the Grant Contest visit www.DreamBigGrowHere.com and follow the links and instructions to complete your entry. Submit the completed entry and it will be reviewed by NIACC JPEC staff to make sure it conforms to our Nomination Guidelines (see our Nomination Guidelines listed below this section). You will receive an email from the NIACC JPEC and/or affiliates letting you know if your submission has been approved or denied.
Individuals may vote for as many entries as they desire, but may only vote for each dream once per day, as defined by running every day from 12:00:00 AM until 11:59:59 PM. To help prevent vote fraud, we have imposed a limit of 1 vote per entry, per day, per person. Entries found in violation of the Voting rules may be terminated from the Grant Contest, and votes determined to be cast in violation of these terms will be removed. Click here for details on how the voting system works.
Visitors will be required to use their personal Facebook accounts to vote. If a user who wishes to vote does not have a Facebook account, they are able to create one for free here: https://www.facebook.com/. No data collected from Facebook will be used outside of voting verification, and voters will have the option whether or not to share their vote with their Facebook friends.
- Nomination Guidelines:
- The nomination must be in English.
- The Nomination cannot include matter that infringes or violates the rights of another, living or deceased including but not limited to promotion, privacy or academic property rights;
- The Nomination cannot belittle any brand names or trademarks;
- The Nomination cannot belittle any parties involved or affiliated with the promotion and administration of this promotion including but not limited to Sponsor and administrators;
- The Nomination cannot contain any matter that is obscene, hateful, distasteful, offensive, malicious, tortuous or libelous;
- The Nomination cannot contain matter that encourages or promotes racist attitudes, hatred, harm or intolerance towards any individual or group or that encourages or promotes prejudice based upon gender, sex, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, age or sexual orientation ; and
- The Nomination must contain material appropriate for publication in an open forum (as determined by Sponsor and administrators ). For example, inappropriate material would include but not be limited to material relating to unlawful activities, property damage or threats thereof, profanity, threats of physical violence or material that is in violation of the laws and/or regulations in any jurisdiction where Nomination is created.”
By Participating in and/or accepting a Dream Big Grow Here North Central Iowa grant, you thereby release Sponsor, administrators, the State of Iowa, the University of Northern Iowa, NIACC JPEC as well as their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, promotion agency and Dream Big Grow Here suppliers and each of their respective parent companies and organizations, and each such entity’s/company’s/organization’s employees, directors, officers and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to damage to or loss of property, personal injury or death, through participation in the promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Dream Big Grow Here Grant.
- General Conditions
Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend and/or adjust the promotion or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsors may take all necessary steps to verify information related to claims made by entrants. If terminated, Sponsor, in its sole discretion may determine the Dream Big Grow Here Grant recipients from among all non-suspect, eligible Nominations received up to time of such action using the judging procedure as outlined above. At the Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit and ban any individual it finds to be tampering with or altering the Nomination process or the operation of the promotion or to be acting in violation of the official rules or of those of any other promotion or in any unfair or disruptive manner, and void all associated nomination(s). Any attempt by any person to intentionally undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and if such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorney fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that rule or condition.
- Limitations of Liability
Through submitting an application for a Dream Big Grow Here North Central Iowa grant, Participants agree that:
- Any and all claims, disputes and causes of action because of or connected with their application, the grant program and/or any grant will be resolved individually without remedy to any form of class action;
- Any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual third-party, out-of-pocket costs sustained but in no event will attorney’s fees be awarded or recoverable;
- Under no circumstances will participants be allowed to obtain any award for, and participants knowingly and expressly waive all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential, or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages;
- They permanently waive any right to seek injunctive or equitable reprieve; and
- They release and hold harmless the State of Iowa, the University of Northern Iowa, NIACC JPEC, Sponsor, all affiliated parties, and all of their employees and agents from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes the rights of participant as contained in any application or otherwise.
Dream Big Grow Here Business North Central Iowa grant contest
winners will be awarded funds upon submission of receipts showing funds were
used towards an existing business, or business start-up. Funds may be applied
in any manner that is consistent with business ideas presented in the application
process. Dream Big Grow Here North
Central Iowa winners will be required to do an interview with the staff from MyEntre.Net
for promotional purposes of the site and the Contest. Contest winners may also
be asked to write blogs on our site. These blogs may contain information
regarding the Dreamer's business lesson learned, their successes and failures,
advice to other entrepreneurs, and plans for the future. You also agree to
be a MyEntre.Net Webinar presenter covering the same basic topics as the blog.
Regional winners will automatically become eligible to compete for a larger cash prize at the statewide Dream Big Grow Here contest.