How It Works
Submit Your Dream:
September 18th - October 19th, 2012
will be taken on September 18, 2012 starting at 12:00:01 AM CDT until October 19th,
2012 at 11:59:59 PM CDT.
Staff will post dreams that comply with our Rules and Regulations.
October 21st, 2012
October 22nd - November 10th, 2012
Voting will take place starting on October 22nd at 12:00:01 AM CDT and
will end at 12 AM CDT on November 10, 2012.
The top five dreams receiving the most votes* will pitch their business to a panel of business experts.
Location and time TBD.
*In the event one of the top five (5) businesses in the popular vote contest isn’t able to participate in the Pitch-Off, the 6th place winner will advance, etc. in that order.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The MyEntre.Net "Dream Big Grow Here Creative Corridor" grant contest is open only to legal residents of the State of Iowa, of the Counties of Johnson, Washington, Benton, Jones, Linn, Cedar, and Iowa. Must be 14 years of age or older at the time of submitting an entry. Participants cannot have more than 10 full time employees. Participants may be individuals or for-profit organizations with a viable business idea. Participants may only enter one "Dream Big Grow Here' regional contest per calendar year. Repeat winners of past Dream Big Grow Here contests are not eligible to be awarded funds, but may participate.
Employees of MyEntre.Net, members of the Corridor Business Alliance board of directors, and the University of Northern Iowa Regional Business Center and the immediate family members of such employees (parent, child, sibling, spouse) and persons living in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible. In addition, Partnering Sponsors, their affiliates and the immediate family members of such employees (parent, child, sibling, spouse) and persons living in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible.
The Corridor Business Alliance (Sponsor) reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual and any or all of his/her Application(s) and/or votes deemed in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Grant Program or any Sponsor website; (b) violating the Official Application Guidelines; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules; or (d) acting in an unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, harass any other person or act fraudulently in any manner. Void where prohibited.
- Grant Program Period
The opportunity to submit an entry in the Grant Contest begins 12:00:01 AM CDT on September 18th, 2012, (the first date/time you can submit an Application) and ends 11:59:59 PM CDT on October 19th, 2012. Voting will take place beginning at 12:00:01 AM CDT on October 22nd, and end November 10th, 2012 at 12:00:01 AM CDT.
- How to Apply
To apply for the Grant Contest, visit http://www.dreambiggrowhere.com/Contest.aspx?contest=23 and follow the links and instructions to complete your entry. Submit the completed entry and it will be reviewed by contest sponsors and staff to make sure it conforms to our Nomination Guidelines (see our Nomination Guidelines listed below this Section).
You will receive an email from the contest sponsor letting you know we have received your submission. Within 48 hours you will receive another email from the contest sponsor letting you know if your submission has been approved or denied.
Individuals may vote for as many entries as they desire, but may only vote for each dream once per day, as defined by running every day from 12:00:00 AM until 11:59:59 PM. To help prevent vote fraud, we have imposed a limit of 1 vote per entry, per day by computer network. Entries found in violation of the Voting rules may be terminated from the Grant Contest, and votes determined to be cast in violation of these terms will be removed. Click here for details on how the voting system works. Visitors will be required to use their personal Facebook accounts to vote. If a user who wishes to vote does not have a Facebook account, they are able to create one for free here: https://www.facebook.com/. No data collected from Facebook will be used outside of voting verification, and voters will have the option whether or not to share their vote with their Facebook friends.
- Nomination Guidelines:
- The nomination must be in English.
- The Nomination cannot include matter that infringes or violates the rights of another, living or deceased including but not limited to promotion, privacy or academic property rights;
- The Nomination cannot belittle any brand names or trademarks;
- The Nomination cannot belittle any parties involved or affiliated with the promotion and administration of this promotion including but not limited to Sponsor and administrators;
- The Nomination cannot contain any matter that is obscene, hateful, distasteful, offensive, malicious, tortuous or libelous;
- The Nomination cannot contain matter that encourages or promotes racist attitudes, hatred, harm or intolerance towards any individual or group or that encourages or promotes prejudice based upon gender, sex, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, age or sexual orientation ; and
- The Nomination must contain material appropriate for publication in an open forum (as determined by Sponsor and administrators ). For example, inappropriate material would include but not be limited to material relating to unlawful activities, property damage or threats thereof, profanity, threats of physical violence or material that is in violation of the laws and/or regulations in any jurisdiction where Nomination is created.
By Participating in and/or accepting a Dream Big Grow Here Creative Corridor grant, you thereby release Sponsor, administrators, the State of Iowa, the University of Northern Iowa, as well as their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, promotion agency, and Dream Big Grow Here Creative Corridor grant Suppliers and each of their respective parent companies and organizations, and each such entity’s/company’s/organization’s employees, directors, officers and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to damage to or loss of property, personal injury or death, through participation in the promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Dream Big Grow Here grant.
- General Conditions
Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend and/or adjust the promotion or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsors may take all necessary steps to verify information related to claims made by entrants. If terminated, Sponsor, in its sole discretion may determine the Dream Big Grow Here Grant recipients from among all non-suspect, eligible Nominations received up to time of such action using the judging procedure as outlined above. At the Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit and ban any individual it finds to be tampering with or altering the Nomination process or the operation of the promotion or to be acting in violation of the official rules or of those of any other promotion or in any unfair or disruptive manner, and void all associated nomination(s). Any attempt by any person to intentionally undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and if such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorney fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that rule or condition.
- Limitations of Liability
Through submitting an application for a Dream Big Grow Here Grant, Participants agree that:
- Any and all claims, disputes and causes of action because of or connected with their application, the grant program and/or any grant will be resolved individually without remedy to any form of class action;
- Any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual third-party, out-of-pocket costs sustained but in no event will attorney’s fees be awarded or recoverable;
- Under no circumstances will participants be allowed to obtain any award for, and participants knowingly and expressly waive all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential, or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages;
- They permanently waive any right to seek injunctive or equitable reprieve; and
- They release and hold harmless the State of Iowa, the University of Northern Iowa, Corridor Business Alliance and all affiliated parties, and all of their employees and agents from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes the rights of participant as contained in any application or otherwise.
- Finalists and Winners
Dream Big Grow Here Creative Corridor grant contest winners will be awarded funds upon submission of receipts showing funds were used towards an existing business, or business start-up. Funds may be applied in any manner that is consistent with business ideas presented in the application process. Repeat winners of past Dream Big Grow Here contests are not eligible to be awarded funds, but may participate. The top five businesses with the most votes will then become eligible to participate in a pitch off event where each entrant will present their dream to a panel of judges as determined by the Creative Corridor sponsors. The judging panel will then select a final regional winner for the contest.
Dream Big Grow Here grant winners and finalists will be required to do an interview with the staff from MyEntre.Net for promotional purposes of the site and the Contest. Contest finalists and winners may also be asked to write blogs on our site. These blogs may contain information regarding the Dreamer's business lesson learned, their successes and failures, advice to other entrepreneurs, and plans for the future. You may also agree to be a MyEntre.Net Webinar presenter covering the same basic topics as the blog.
Regional winners will automatically become eligible to compete for a larger cash prize at the statewide Dream Big Grow Here contest.